All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sunsets My Happy Place Part 4


What is more relaxing, calming, romantic, or beautiful than the splendor of a sunset? I remember sitting on the beach in the Philippines watching the sun set on the Pacific Ocean watching all the shades of red, gold, blue, purple and silver glimmering off the water and changing as the sun sank deeper until it was gone for another day.

Sunsets always make me dream and reflect on life and the beauty of the earth. I find the sunsets at Farmington Bay over the Great Salt Lake no less splendid. Here are some Farmington Bay sunsets I have photographed over the years.


Great Blue Herons

Snowy Egret


Pelicans Heading back to their nests at Gunnison Island after spending the day feeding at the Great Salt Lake wetlands






Tundra Swans and Mallards
Spencer and Rachel


No comments: