All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Friday, February 4, 2011

Birding the Bay with Belle


I went out to Farmington Bay early this morning and took along my trusty side-kick Belle my little Papillon who has become my constant companion. The lighting was not very good so pictures are poor quality but we had a great time.

List of birds seen:
Bald Eagle
Northern Harrier
Loggerhead Shrike
Red-winged Blackbird
Brewers Blackbird
Great Blue Heron
Prairie Falcon
Northern Rough-legged Hawk
Song Sparrow
Marsh Wren
Starling
Ring-necked Pheasant
Ruddy Duck
Lesser Scaup
Mallard
Northern Pintail
American Coot
Pied-billed Grebe
Common Merganser
American Wigeon
Green-winged Teal
Tundra Swan
Canada Goose
Red-tailed Hawk
Lots of Gulls
Ring-billed
California etc.
I am not very good with Gulls, I need go out with someone who is a Gull expert to help me.
Here are some pictures from today's birding
Northern Harrier
Assorted Gulls
Ice Skating Coots
If my feet were that big in proportion to my body I think I would fall flat on my face if I tried to run
Pied-billed Grebe
Tundra Swans
Lesser Scaup Drake
Lesser Scaup Duck
Hotdogs on a Stick? 
Assorted Ducks
Red-tailed Hawk
Ruddy Ducks 
Ring-necked Pheasant
Reflection
Belle hot on the trail of a vole
Eagles on the ice

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! I got to see these because my daughter, Anneke, suggested it. I'm glad I did.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

Its been too long since I stopped by this blog. These photos are so so good- seriously. I can't believe how good you've gotten with the camera.

Unknown said...

It is very nice and pretty,onet














































very nice,one thing i am very sure,i am in owe of how Almighty is our God,to create this beauty,to give us the delight to see them.

Unknown said...

How great is our God,Almighty,for letting us see the beauty of all He created