All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Eagles, Sandhill Cranes and More


I took my Dad, my brother in law Frank and my niece Abby out to look at eagles at Farmington Bay today, there were at least 200 eagles and I saw a couple of Sandhill Cranes. Other birds seen:

White Crowned Sparrow
Song Sparrow
American Tree Sparrow
Tree Swallow 1st of the year
Red-winged Blackbird
Canada Goose
Ruddy Duck
Bufflehead
Northern Pintail
Mallard
Tundra Swan
Northern Harrier
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Black-billed magpie
Horned Lark
Ring-billed Gull
California Gull
Herring Gull
Common Merganser
Pied-billed Grebe
American Coot
Marsh Wren
Great Blue Heron

Here are a few pictures
Sandhill Cranes




This juvenile Bald Eagle was very tame and allowed people to get closer than I have ever seen an eagle allow people to  to approach them without flying off.





No comments: