All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Happy Place Part 3 Birds and More

Yellow-headed Blackbird
Sometimes while I was taking these pictures I would go out alone and not see another person for hours, I would find a spot and sit and wait for the perfect picture and take in the incredible beauty of these incredible wetlands.


Marsh Wren
I sat in the middle of a thorny greasewood bush for over an hour to get this picture along with some pictures of Ruby-crowned Kinglets that happened to be there that day
Western Kingbird
My Hook Bird

Tree Swallows

Female Northern Flicker (Red-shafted)
Female Ring-necked Pheasant
Rabbit Bush
Great-tailed Grackle
Like the Eurasian Collared Dove, five years ago these birds were not found at Farmington Bay, in the last couple of years they are nesting there and becoming a common sight
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
I got this picture the same time I got the picture of the Marsh Wren above. I was scratched to pieces by the time I was done but it was worth it.
Lark Sparrow
Marbled Godwit
This Male was courting her hot and heavey and she was playing hard to get
This Sun Dog was perfect and lasted a long time one May morning a couple of years ago






This is the only picture I have been able to get of Cattle Egret
The most elegant bird in the marsh
Snowy Egret
Forster's Tern
Goose Egg Island

Short-eared Owl
Barn Swallow

No comments: