All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Saturday, April 23, 2011

More Spring Birding and other Nature at Farmington Bay

There is a family of Red Foxes that live about 75 yards off the Nature Trail at Farmington Bay I was able to take some pictures of the Kits playing this morning.
I took a walk around the Nature trail this morning with my brother Brian who is visiting with his family from Greeley Colorado. We were able to see quite a few birds and the foxes playing on their den. It was a lovely walk






My first White-faced Ibis of the year
Cinnamon Teal
Cinnamon Teal Drake
Mallard Drake
This male Red-winged Blackbird was singing his heart out for the ladies that were sitting in the tree across the road
The Female Red-winged Blackbirds seemed indifferent
Yellow-headed Blackbirds are the most willing of all the birds out at Farmington Bay to pose for their picture to be taken
I never tire of taking pictures of the Snowy Egrets

Nesting American Avocets on Glover Pond
Pied-billed Grebe
Clarks Grebe
Great Blue Herons another bird I never tire of photographing
American White Pelicans

Female American Robin, Robins are very common but I think one of the most photogenic of all birds
Song Sparrow
This Canada Goose has her nest just on the other side of the the canal that runs next to the Nature Trail

1 comment:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

Just got caught up on the blog. Loved the new posts.