All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Backyard Birds

Cedar Waxwing
This morning I noticed more than usual activity in my yard, most of my trees and bushes were bustling. There was a large flock of Cedar Waxwings, moving about the shrubbery in my yard. There were Juncos, Robins, Scrub Jays, Flickers and House Sparrows. I noticed that the Waxwings and Robins were feasting on the berries of my Juniper tree. I took some pictures none are great because I had to take them from my kitchen window. I had great fun watching the bird activity this morning here are a few pictures.

American Robin
Female Oregon Dark-eyed Junco
Western Scrub Jay
Cedar Waxwing
Cedar Waxwings drinking water from the melting snow on the roof of my neighbors shed
Waxwings eating Juniper Berries
Cedar Waxwing
Another Waxwing you can see the red waxy buds on his wings that give this bird it's name
Male Oregon Dark-eyed Junco

No comments: