All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Quality Time at Farmington Bay


Friday morning I took my bicycle and rode around Farmington Bay. I spent a hour on the Nature Trail, it was a little quite but I did see some beautiful scenery and got some nice Hummingbird pictures. I then went over to the main bird refuge and road along the main dike, again kind of quite but I got some nice pictures of Pied-billed Grebe with young and Western Grebes with young. Here are some pictures.

Marsh Wren
Pied-billed Grebe with young
Black-chinned Hummingbird


Sunflowers
Canada Geese on Glover's Pond
Western Grebes with Young

Saturday we went out to Antelope Island for their annual Stampede, I didn't do any real birding but I did get a couple of nice pictures of Common Nighthawk and Rock Wren. Other pictures will be Posted on our Family Blog, "Steve and Nery's Place
Common Nighthawk

Rock Wren

No comments: