All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Birding Europe

BLUE TIT
 It almost feels like starting over, we have been in Europe for the last week, most specifically Nuremberg Germany, and Como Italy, I have been able to get out a couple of times for several good hours of birding. So far I have added 24 new birds to my life list. At first I tried to get pictures of every bird I saw but found by doing so I was missing a lot. I have been able to take a few pictures but I am mostly concentrating on finding birds and making a correct ID on each. Here is a list of birds I have seen *means a new life bird. I will also include a few pictures. I will be birding a new place in Germany this weekend and hope to add several more new life birds.
Birds seen:
*Eurasian Jay
EURASIAN JAY
*Great Tit

GREAT TIT
*Coal Tit
*European Goldfinch
*Common Blackbird
COMMON BLACKBIRD MALE
COMMON BLACKBIRD FEMALE
*Blue Tit by far the most abundant bird in this area of Nuremberg
House Sparrow
European Starling
*Tree Sparrow
Collared Dove
Rock Pigeon
*Willow Warbler
*Glossy Ibis
Moorhen
*Eurasian Nuthatch also abundant and not shy
EURASIAN NUTHATCH
*Blackcap
*European Robin
Tree Creeper
*Stock Pigeon
*Chaffinch
*Wood Pigeon
*Hooded Crow
*Black-headed Gull
BLACK-HEADED GULL
Mallard
*Carrion Crow
*Western Bonelli's Warbler
*Mute Swan, I have seen these several times in Utah but never counted them because they are surely escapees. They are native to Europe
MUTE SWAN
*Black Redstart
*Chiffchaff
Common Raven
*Gray Wagtail
Magpie

1 comment:

john said...

You got me jealous. I have never been to Europe, but I have seen several of those birds in Thailand or Africa. Great photos. I look forward to more posts from Europe.