All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

THANK YOU

I want to send a great big THANK YOU to all of you that have viewed my "Birdn Blog" the last couple  of weeks in response to Nery's requests. I want to thank Nery for sending out an e-mail to everyone asking you to look at my blog. It worked, you all have put a smile on my face. Thank you to all those of you who have passed it along via e-mail or facebook. We have had hits in Germany, Canada, England, Australia, Greece, Japan, Philippines, India, Russia, Spain, Africa, Mexico, Belize and many places in the United States. Also a big thank you to those of you who have been following this blog for a while.
The purpose of this blog is to log my birding adventures and share the pictures I take but most of all to introduce people to birds and nature. 

Nery and Steve at Lytle Ranch Southern Utah
The thing that thrills me is when people who are not birders start noticing birds and calling, e-mailing or just telling me "I saw this bird" and then start describing it to me, and then how pleased they are when I am able to help them identify what kind of bird it is. I feel like my blog is a success.
It also thrills me when people tell me after seeing a bird, "I had no idea we had birds like that around here". Because I know they have learned something new and will be much more aware and appreciative of nature around them.
If you have gained a better appreciation for birds and nature, if you have learned something new, if you are more aware of and notice the diversity of birds. Then my blog is a success.
Thanks again for your support and please visit once in a while and if you feel like it, please post a comment. or just enjoy. 
Sincerely Steve

No comments: