All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shadows





















I love to be out at the marsh after sunset and even into the wee morning hours. There is an eerie beauty there in the dark. The birds are so active and vocal and in the summer the sounds of the frogs and insets add to the chorus of the night. I love seeing owls and other nocturnal creatures even the lumbering skunks are interesting. Deer, coyotes, foxes and raccoons come out. Night time at the marsh is no time for sleeping.

1 comment:

john said...

Steve, For some reason, this post, and your subsequent posts, didnt appear on my blog dashboard until today. These are magnificent photos of the wetlands in low light. Great owl shots as well.