All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Birds seen Dec 12 2008
















After guiding some teachers on a bus tour at Farmington Bay this morning I got over to Kaysville Pond to see if I could get some pictures of Hooded Merganzers. In addition to the Merganzers I got some shots of Ring-necked Ducks, Common Goldeneye, Mallards, American Wigeon, Gadwall, Juncos and Great-tailed Grackles.
In all today I saw
At Farmington Bay:
A dozen Bald Eagles
Northern Rough-legged Hawk
Northern Harrier
American Kestrel
Song Sparrows
White-crowned Sparrows
Greater Yellow-legs
Brewers and Red-winged Blackbirds
Gadwall
Norther Shoveler
Bufflehead
Anmerican Wigeon
Common Goldeneye
American Coot

Kaysville Ponds:
Hooded Merganzer
Mallards
Common Goldeneye
Ring-necked Ducks
Gadwall
Canada Goose
Dark-eyed Junco
White-crowned Sparrow
Northern Flicker
Ring-billed Gull
Black-billed Magpie

No comments: