All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Egrets, Herons and more in Greeley Colorado


I took a trip with my parents to Colorado to visit my brother and his family, they took me to a park in Greeley that felt more like I was in Florida somewhere. There was a pond in the park with an island in the middle that had a large Egret and Heron Rookery. here are some pictures of the rookery and a few others from my visit.

Cattle Egrets, a Snowy Egret and nesting Black-crowned Night Herons
My first viewing of snowy egrets in a tree
Snowy and Cattle Egrets

Black-crowned Night heron on its nest
Black-crowned Night Heron
Here are a few more pictures of the trip

A family of Prairie Dogs, there was a whole colony of them just a block from by brothers house.
Eurasian Collared Dove, their neighborhood was teaming with Mourning Doves, Collared Doves, and Common Grackles. I was not able to get a picture of the Grackles with my camera because my battery ran out and I forgot my charger. I did get some with my dads camera but I haven't seen them yet.
Ground Squirrel 
Sphinx Moths

No comments: