All Photos posted on this blog unless otherwise noted were taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTI using a 300 mm zoom lens

Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Day Birding

Prairie Falcon


I took my wife to an appointment in south west Salt Lake County to the town of Herriman Utah today so I could do some birding. This was my first time to go to this area and I will be going back there are plenty of good birding spots in the area. I spent most of the time today driving around to familiarize myself to the area so didn't get a lot of birding in, but was able to see some nice Birds of Prey. The only bird I was able to get a picture of is the Prairie Falcon above.

My best sightings were a Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk, Merlin and Ferruginous Hawk, none of which I was able to get a picture of.

Birds seen
Bald Eagle
Common Raven
Black-billed Magpie
Red-tailed Hawk
Ferruginous Hawk
Rough-legged Hawk
American Kestrel
Mourning Dove
Northern Flicker
White-crowned Sparrow
Merlin
Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk.

No comments: